It’s week 7 (I think?) and I’ve been slowing down, but I’ve made considerable progress on my quilt. I finished the third butterfly, and I’m incredibly pleased with the embroidery and the colors. I think this might be my favorite of all butterflies to do.
To take a break from the butterflies for a while (because they do get repetitive) I started in on some of the embroidery around the border of the quilt.
Fortunately, I have some experience (some, but little) doing embroidery prior to this project, so this requires a lot less concentration without counting stitches or colors. That being said, I do keep my stitches extremely small, which also makes the work a bit time consuming.
Thankfully, the final product looks really great and I’m super happy with how everything is turning out at the moment. With the exception of a few minor errors that I will very likely forget about when everything is finished, everything is going well.
For this next week, I’m going to focus on the embroidery and a few of the leaf details before moving on to the next butterfly. I’ll at least try to continue that until I get sick of it and need a break. The biggest frustration with the embroidery is that the floss keeps getting tangled, and the fact that the stitches are so, so small. It takes some concentration to get everything to look the way you want it to, otherwise you have to undo your stitches. Overall, I’m excited with how everything looks, and I’ll have to keep plugging away.